In the third of our Staff Spotlight series, we have managed to corner Fudge Kitchen aristocracy. Arise, Dawn Anderson, manager of the York shop.
Since the Dawn of Time …
Dawn has worked for Fudge Kitchen for 28 years, since starting as a 16-year-old Saturday girl. In that time, she’s managed three shops, been crowned Queen of Fudge and won Manager of the Year several times. This Mighty Matriarch has also nurtured two future shop managers – Ian at Bath and Jess in Oxford – and met her partner, Matt, within the hallowed Fudge Kitchen walls, subsequently producing two Fudge Bambinos.
Once again, however (ref: Tia last month), she may be untouchable when it comes to cracking confectionery, but possibly not one to follow into an Undead Armageddon. According to the Portland Mercury (why?!), ”To kill zombies you need to destroy their brains. The most surefire route is simply lopping off the cranium with a chainsaw, machete or samurai sword.”
No mention of a paddle in a cellar there, Dawn, but good luck!
- Name? Dawn Anderson
- Position? Manager
- Location? York
- How long have you worked at FK? 28 years!
- Favourite flavour? Traditional Toffee
- Favourite FK product? The slab fudge itself and our home kits!
- What do you like about your job? Making the fudge, demonstrations of the fudge and banter with the customers!
- Favourite activities when you’re not at work? Swimming – I’m a water baby, with a water baby family!
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you? I’m a keen rugby league supporter – I was a rugby mascot when I was 11!
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? My family!
- What kind of music do you listen to? A mixture – Dolly Parton when cleaning, a bit of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Kate Bush. I’m an 80s girl and I love 80s music!
- What’s your favourite TV programme? I’m a TV addict – I love me TV! Cold Feet, Apprentice and ALL of the soaps!
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? A nice beef roast with Yorkshire puddings and gravy!
- Dog or cat person? I prefer cats to dogs…
- Motto or Personal Mantra: What goes around, comes around!
- How long is a piece of string? As long as you make it!
- If you could sell fudge to any person alive or dead who would it be? I would share the fudge amongst my friends.
- What is the most overrated film of all time? Blair Witch Project
- Star Wars or Star Trek? NEITHER!!
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse where would you run to and what would be your weapon of choice? Weapon of choice would be a paddle, and I would choose the cellar!
- Who would play you in a film of your life? It would probably be someone a bit scatty… Faye Ripley out of Cold Feet!